Monday, June 23, 2008

Our Cali Trip

We went to California over the weekend to see baby Jane and take a small family vacation because it is going to be a while until we can get out of the house again. We had so much fun. The twins were so good in the car and behaved themselves for the most part at the house. We got there really late on Wednesday night so on Thursday we took the kids to the Zoo. We left at about 9:30 in the morning and by noon we were ready to go home. It was so hot and if it was not a giraffe, elephant or a turtle, they did not really care. But they were very well behaved. Devyn warned me that this is not a great place for pictures because you can either not see the kids faces or what they are looking at and she was right. Here is really the only good picture that I got.:(
On the way home from the zoo we picked up Uncle Michael so that he could go with Devyn and Jane to the doctor. Poor little thing had to get 4 shots. Here is a picture of Uncle Jeremy trying to make it all better... Isn't she so adorable.

Then on Friday DeEtte took us to Legoland. I was really afraid that the kids would again want to only be there for about 2 hours and everyone else would want to stay but we were there for almost 5 hours. They LOVED it. There were rides, and a water park and so many fun things to see. Here are some pictures of that fun day.
I loved this next picture so much because Connor was Elizabeth's little buddy all day. He was such a huge help with pushing the stroller, or holding onto hands, or anything we asked of him really. He is a great kid. So is Lily and you will see her cuteness in a minute.
Here they are at the water park.
DeEtte was so awesome to take Elizabeth on the rides because I was afraid the bars would hit my belly in a bad spot. These were the first rides they had ever been on. They went on an airplane, helicopter,boat,and safari ride. They loved every single one of them.
Lily taught Elizabeth how to be a beautiful princess. Aren't they adorable.

And here is the most adorable little baby on the planet next to my daughter. Jane is the happiest, smiliest(is that a word), most precious little angel. Here are a couple of pictures of her.

Thank you guys again for having us and for such a great vacation.

4 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

Those pictures are awesome! Looks like you had a fun-filled weekend... even if it was super hot. Good thing you didn't wait too much longer to go. I am guessing it will keep getting hotter and hotter. That picture of Elijah at the zoo was so cute, even if you couldn't see everything perfectly. I love his face. I also love the pic of Lily and Elizabeth as princesses. I love when little girls get together. Especially little girls with only brothers:) And of course Baby Jane- so adorable. Bet it made you guys excited for baby number 3, huh?

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

The one of Elizabeth & Elijah on Thomas the Train is the cutest picture ever and I need a print of that so email me something so I can get one made at WalMart. Please. I also loke the first one of Elijah and the one of Elijah & Jer on the ride is just perfect in every way..except where was Elijah's hat? I'm so glad you guys had such a good time.

XXXXxOOOOo

Betty Brackett said...

Gorgeous pictures...and it looks like you all had a ball. I almost feel like I was there :) Wishful thinking one never outgrows.

Carly said...

jealous.