Sunday, June 15, 2008

Alot Going On!

This summer, so far, has been crazy, fun, spontaneous, and hot (well today was like 105 and I think that is the worst its been so I really should not complain but...). Jeremy and I said that we were going to get the twins potty trained before the summer was over/before Joshua was here and so far it has been an adventure. The first day we made them a potty chart and told them that when they filled that up we would go to the store and pick out a special toy. Please do not make fun of my ghetto chart, I am not creative and I will never claim to be but they loved it and that is all that matters right? Anyway, the first day was a disaster and by day two Jeremy and I called it quits...I am not kidding, potty training is HELL...excuse my language but there is no other word to better describe it. Then at lunch on day two, after Jeremy and I told the kids we were going to take a break from the potty and try again next week, my sweet little daughter told us she needed to go and off she went. She has only had 2 accidents in a week and she even did really well at grandma's house this weekend. We are going to Cali on Wednesday so hopefully she will do as well there. Elijah wants NOTHING to do with the toilet. He is perfectly happy with mommy tending to his potty needs(change his diaper). But he will get there and we are not stressing over it. Sorry for the rambling. Here is a picture of Elijah and Elizabeth with their first potty chart complete(thanks almost entirely to Elizabeth, but we are still proud of what he did do.)

I forgot to post this picture from our swimming adventure day. I just thought she looked so cute! We went to Mesquite this weekend for Father's Day! We had a great time. Here are the babies playing bass with Uncle Jordan.

2 comments:

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I love the potty chart, I think it is way creative!! I love how they are staring at each other while they held up the chart for a photo lol.

Love ya
XXXXxOOOOo

Devyn said...

That picture of Elizabeth is awesome!