Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Twins!!!

Today our sweet little angels are 2 years old. It has been an amazing 2 years. Mom and I were talking on Saturday about how much they have been through and how far they have come. Looking at them now, I sometimes "forget" how difficult the first months of their lives were but God has truly blessed us with these two beautiful and healthy babies!

On Saturday we had a party for them at Shawn and Chelsea's house. We all had such a great time and we really appreciate Shawn and Chelsea allowing us to use their home. Elijah got a bunch of cars which are his favorite things in the whole world right now and Elizabeth got a ton of babies which is her favorite thing. They also got a sit-n-spin from the Mann's and a ton of books! Daddy and Mommy got them a kitchen that is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen. Mom made the cakes and as always, they were amazing in both taste and design. Thank you everyone for coming and all of the help to make their day so special and fun. Here are some pictures.
Here they are playing in their kitchen for the first time.
Elizabeth making some peas. The burner makes a boiling noise when you put a pot on it and a sizzling noise when you put a frying pan on. They love that part.
This is not the best picture of Elijah that I have ever taken but I thought it was so cute because he is concentrating so hard on making that pepper grinder work.
One of my new favorite pictures. I think Elijah hates the flash or something because 90% of the pictures that I take of him, he ends up with that same look on his face.

So stinkin cute.

Chelsea took alot of the pictures for us which we really appreciate but for some reason when I try and post any of the pictures that came from her camera it gives me an error message. So when we figure out the problem (which I know is something that I am not doing correctly) I will post the pictures of the cakes and of the twins opening presents. But for now I think this should suffice.

9 comments:

Shawn said...

Weird, I commented, but it didn't show up. I must have hit something. I said that the party was great! Cora loves it when the twins come over. And also, it was great how adamant Elijah was about opening his cars.

Betty Brackett said...

I think getting them that kitchen was a stroke of genius...it'll keep them entertained for hours at a time. All of the pics are darling..my fave is the one with Jeremy holding them...so cute!! Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Elijah!!

Justin and Amy said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Elijah! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys. Hope your birthday is wonderful! Love you all:)

Lori said...

Hey, where did you guys get their kitchen? What kitchen was it (brand name)? Jamie and Carly are looking for one for Naomi - and this one is so cute, and it makes noise. Do you mind sharing the details? You can email me if you want. Thanks! Sorry our gift didn't make it in time - no excuse, really; I'm just lame... Love you, though - and hope the twins had a great birthday (sounds like they did).

Jamie said...

I was twins once.

Happy celebration of births my burning in the hot desert of discontent family. Stop living in that awful place please.

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Aunt Lori, I sent you that information at your g-mail address. I hope that is the one you still use, if not let me know and I will resend it somewhere else.

Chelsea said...

Can't believe all the babies are getting so old. We'll have to come visit when Cora's feeling better and check out the new kitchen. It looks awesome! Elijah's concentration on the pepper grinder is sweet! He takes after his Uncle Shawn :) Did you guys end up putting it in their room? I can't tell from the pics. I suppose I also need to come over and figure out why the pics we gave you aren't working. Sorry about that. We'll get them to you though...I promise! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Yes,we did put it in their room which I was really afraid to do because I thought that they would not sleep with this huge toy in there but Jeremy insisted that it would be fine(and we had no where else to put it.) They have done fine so far so keeping my fingers crossed. Is Cora Bee sick??? What's wrong? There is no reason for you to apologize for the picture issue. I am sure I am just not doing something right. Thanks again for taking them. They all turned out great.

Betty Brackett said...

Wow...you're so seasonal! Got your blog wrapped in Christmas paper..how preemptive of you :)