Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Fun Part 2

This truly was one of the greatest Christmas' we have ever had. Thanks to all the great food and even greater company. We went to Mesquite on Sunday after spending some time with the family at the Mann's house. Sunday was full of playing and relaxing, spending time together as a family. Monday night we had the traditional Christmas Eve dinner which as always was amazing. One of the many things that I love about being married into a Polish family is the traditional Oplatek(which means Holy Bread in Latin). This is a time where we read a story and some scripture and then we each take a piece of the oplatek and share it with everyone else along with a hug and words of thanks and appreciation for who they are. One of the things that the story said this year was that this is a time for forgiveness and once we have forgiven others that we are to never again remember the wrong. I thought that was so amazing and something that is so important for all of us to do. I probably am not explaining it very well but I hope that you get the point. It is a very neat time for the family and one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. Christmas Day came and went way too quickly but it was great watching everyone open their presents especially the kids. We then had dinner of Pirogi, Kielbasa, sweet potatoes, ham,and rolls. Everything was so good and it makes it even more special to know that it all was made by the hands of our family (Terry,Jeremy,Jason,and Jordan...mom and I did a few but we mostly took care of the babies).Thank you guys for a wonderful Christmas and for all the great memories. Here are some pictures of our fun. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.On Monday we went to the park and played. Jeremy and I loved this picture of my dad with the babies walking and holding hands. Cute picture of mom and grammy.
It looks painful but no one was complaining.
Elijah being a big helper handing out presents.
This never gets old to me, him saying "ooo" to everything.
Elizabeth just taking it all in, doesn't her hair rock.
The twins are opening their Christmas presents from Mama and Dza-Dza. This was a "learning center" that teaches shapes and letters and music and has a piano and drawing board. They both love it.

Here are the boys laughing about how ridiculously emo the Rivers cd is. Sorry to any of you who like it.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ooh, ooh - I'm first to comment! Pretty amazing, seeing as how I haven't looked at a blog in a week, practically. Love the new background! There's just nothing like kids at Christmas - in a perfect world, every Christmas would be spent with every single child in our family (and their in-laws) all together. One of us should have a ship coming in soon, right? Your little ones are precious!

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I love the background too. Some day you will have to show me how you do that. My favorite is Bob with the babies, you have some really good pictures here. I love that you got so many with the boys all together too. I didn't see any of you, what's up. The last time I showed Jonas one of your blogs recently he was naming everyone and said Where's Sarah? I had to scroll down quite a bit to find one.

Love you
XXXX00000

Betty Brackett said...

Cute pictures, brings back all the warm feelings...that was such a wonderful time. I agree with Lori's "perfect world" concept....please give me a heads up when you spot one of those ships :) Sorry Sarah was missing in the pictures too. And oh yeah.(old fogey alert here) what's EMO mean?

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Emo is a wow term that is short for emotional. Rivers was a singer in a band that we all love(i think all of us love them)called weezer. I also want to let you all know that I wanted to put more pictures but for some reason it would not let me add any more pictures. I did not get to put up any of Jonas but it took me so long to do that last post so I could not bring myself to rearrange. I will put some up of him soon though.