Friday, January 4, 2008

Play Doh

Uncle Michael and Auntie Devyn got the kids playdoh for Christmas. I love doing stuff like that with them because I am not very creative and playdoh is not nearly as messy as finger paints. They told us that we were not allowed to open it until they had left because they thought we would get "mad" but I was really excited because like I said I love doing projects with them, I just can not be the one to come up with them. Thanks guys, but remember that what comes around goes around. Your count down is almost in double digits, so exciting, we can not wait for baby Jane. It came with like 40 colors and accessaries like a rolling pin,scissors,and cookie cutters. Elizabeth picked green as her first color and Elijah picked...

black...
Elizabeth's first attempt with the monkey cookie cutter.
Elijah kept pushing it down and saying "mmm".
Not sure who was having more fun here. You can make noodles with one the things so Jeremy was making noodles for Elijah until he tried to eat them...
So off the subject, our whole family has been battling this cold and one night the babies just wanted to lay on Jeremy with the blanket over their heads. They layed like that for 20 minutes at least.

8 comments:

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Play-doh yay!!! They will have so much fun with that, after they figure out it isn't to eat :) I can't wait to baby sit & play.

Betty Brackett said...

Looks like lots of fun...both now and future...isn't too early to start making Christmas ornaments :)

John said...

Cool! 40 colors?! Back in the olden days, we only had 4!

Justin and Amy said...

I love play doh! It's so fun. I don't know if I ahve ever seen a kit quite that extensive. I bet it was a blast watching the twins play with it. And I hear ya on battling colds. Justin and I have been as well. It's getting better tho. Are you guys starting to feel better?

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Actually last night Elijah spiked a fever of 103 and we thought Elizabeth might have croup. She woke up at 3:30 this morning with a bad cough and having a hard time breathing. Nights are always the worst for colds. The doctor said today that Elijah has an ear infection and Elizabeth just has a bad cold with "night croup".Which I guess just means that it is worse when she is laying down and something about pressures dropping...I am tired sorry for babbling...and I am sorry to hear that you guys are sick too. Get well soon.

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I hope they sleep well tonight, for their sake of course but also for your & Jeremy's. I remember how hard it was to be up with sick children, you feel so helpless & Tired. Give them snuggles from Gramma

XXXXOOOOO

Betty Brackett said...

When we got one of our dogs, while you kids were all still at home, We named him Plato...my pick :) Anyway, when I called the vet to make an appt., she asked for his name. When I went to take him in, on his sheet it said "Play Dough"...lost something in translation on the phone, and after all, it was the play dough generation...anyway, I digress...looks like the babies are having a ball!

The McPherson Clan--- said...

I hate play-doh, it's the beign of my existence.

Sorry about the sick kids, it seems like everybody in the world is either sick now or has been within the last two weeks! No fun, hope y'all are feeling better soon.