Friday, October 17, 2008

The Family That Rocks Together, Stays Together

The Haircut: Things have been moving so quickly around here sometimes I forget how amazingly cute my twins are. Today we took Elizabeth to get her first hair cut. I may be out of line here, but after looking at the photos that Sarah took I am pretty sure that the hairdresser is a part time stripper. I mean who owns a leopard print smock. Those things are called smocks right? Anyways Elizabeth's hair had been looking a little rough so we decided to get her hair cleaned up a little bit. As she was leaving, the hair technician asked Elizabeth if she would like a sucker... which brings us to....

The Hard Candy: Elizabeth had a puzzled look on her face when the stylist asked her if she wanted a sucker. After Sarah explained that it was candy, she was all over it. Not only was she all over it but she grabbed some loot for Elijah. Needless to say they loved them. They didn't finish them, but they loved them none the less. While Sarah and Elizabeth were gone, Elijah and I decided to play around. Which leads to...


The Hard Rock: Rock Band 2. Sarah bought Rock Band 2 for me a little while ago and we just haven't had lots of time to mess around with it. So Joshua was asleep and a light bulb lit up in my brain. I whipped out my Wii Guitar Hero guitar and strapped it on my son. Needless to say tears welled up in my eyes. He looks like a natural, and no I did not put his hands in that position. Many hours of studying my Dad playing his acoustic lead to the near perfect hand hold on his instrument. I love being a Dad sometimes.

4 comments:

Betty Brackett said...

So cute...I know that you meant you love being a Dad ALL the time, right? :)

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Those are really good pictures. They are both so absolutely adorable.

Devyn said...

Is there a leaping lion on that smock? Looks questionable to me. The haircut though, is adorable, and that's all that matters.

Chelsea said...

It looks like Elizabeth has glitter in her hair too. Does she??? Her hair really does look adorable though! They both look freaking adorable in the sucker picture too. I don't know why but ELijah is looking like such a big boy to me lately. He's such a cutie. And the guitar picture is just awesome! Well done Jer! Ummm, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to post a blog with no new pics of Joshua...FYI. :) I'm surprised Grandma (Linda) didn't already comment on that matter. She's usually pretty on top of the equal treatment.